Delivered by Sarah Brown – NWG Trainer
Since gaining a degree in Youth Studies Sarah has worked within a variety of settings, supporting young people and their families. Sarah has worked as a Pastoral Manager in a secondary school and a Family Resource Worker within Social Care. After volunteering as a counsellor at ChildLine for several years Sarah was employed as a supervisor. It was here that Sarah developed as a trainer, working to increase the skills, knowledge and empathy of volunteers in areas such as bullying, abuse, neglect, self-harm and suicide; all to ensure young people received the best possible support. Sarah’s work at ChildLine involved the assessment of safeguarding issues and the immediate management of life-threatening situations.
The CPD accredited course is a great follow on day from the Foundation Level training course and will spend more time furthering the knowledge and awareness of delegates around the complexities of exploitation for young people and their families and how we as practitioners can support them. The training will encourage reflective practice through engaging discussions and the sharing of experiences along with the use of a case study
By the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- Discuss how exploitation is exposed and how this can affect young people and their families.
- Compare and discuss ways in which we assess and understand the issue of consent and capacity within exploitation.
- Recognise when victim-blaming occurs and have confidence in our knowledge and practice to challenge this discrimination.
- Define trauma and recognise ways in which we can develop our practice through the consideration of different models of working with trauma.
- Consider the impact of trauma on us as practitioners and how we can mitigate this.
- Identify and share practice on how we work holistically with our safeguarding partners.
- Consider strategies to disrupt exploitation.
What previous delegates have said about this training:
Trainer and content provided an in-depth knowledge and relevant skills brilliantly; would recommend to all.
Brilliant and i’ve got access to further training and information too.
More information is good and this was thought provoking and gave me a good insight and knowledge.