Delivered by Sarah Brown – NWG Trainer
Since gaining a degree in Youth Studies Sarah has worked within a a variety of settings, supporting young people and their families. Sarah has worked as a Pastoral Manager in a secondary school and a Family Resource Worker within Social Care. After volunteering as a counsellor at ChildLine for several years Sarah was employed as a supervisor. It was here that Sarah developed as a trainer, working to increase the skills, knowledge and empathy of vilunteers in areas such as bullying, abuse, neglect, self harm and suicide; all to ensure young people received the best possible support. Sarah’s work at ChildLine involved the assessment of safeguarding issues and the immediate management of life threatening situations.
The CPD accredited course is a great follow on day from the Foundation Level training course and will spend more time furthering the knowledge and awareness of delegates around the complexities of CSE for young people and their families and how we as practitioners can support them. The training will encourage reflective practice through engaging discussions and the sharing of experiences along with the use of a case study.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- Identify and apply to practice the skills needed to ensure the rights of the child underpin the work we do.
- Recognise and describe how sexualised images and material can impact the real and online lives of young people today.
- Recognise when victim blaming occurs and have confidence in our practice to challenge this discrimination.
- Explain what self blame is and how this effects young people and their emotional wellbeing.
- Demonstrate good practice when arranging and facilitating meetings involving young people and their parents or carers.
- Define trauma and recognise ways in which we can develop our practice through the consideration of different models of working with trauma.
Delegates will use a case study along with their knowledge and practice to analyse and question the case study in order to reflect on practice along with consideration of next steps for the young person.
What previous delegates have said about this training:
Trainer and content provided an in-depth knowledge and relevant skills brilliantly; would recommend to all.
Brilliant and i’ve got access to further training and information too.
More information is good and this was thought provoking and gave me a good insight and knowledge.