Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data-driven innovation. We provide research, advisory (e.g., policy) and technology development services to private and public-sector organisations.
We are currently recruiting for the STRIAD (Strategic and Tactical Risk Identification and Assessment for Data-driven decision-making) team. The candidate will support an Innovate UK-funded project on data-driven risk assessment for supporting the public sector to tackle child exploitation. The candidate will be from a social science background and will be expected to work in an interdisciplinary team to support the technical team in their development and validation of machine learning algorithms to identify vulnerabilities around victimisation and offending in relation to child exploitation. Candidates will conduct desk-based research and semi-structured interviews with experts in the CE safeguarding arena. Candidates will also be involved in discussions around privacy and ethical considerations of the developed solution. The project is being conducted in collaboration with a UK police force and an NGO in this area. Candidates will be expected to attend project meetings and support project administration activities and business development efforts in this arena.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Performing empirical research work related to the current project on data-driven risk assessment and child exploitation, writing reports or sections of reports and developing other deliverables as required to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Writing content for peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters, as part of the project, or as an outgrowth from the project.
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences, meetings and workshops, involving occasional travel in the UK.
- Support to project administration and business development activities in this arena including the development of a commercial strategy relating to the project’s outputs.
- A PhD (or near completion) and demonstrable research experience related to child exploitation.
- Experience of working with the public sector in relation to child exploitation.
- Strong, demonstrable writing skills with an existing publication record in this field in peer-reviewed journals.
In return, you get …
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
- A supportive and friendly team
- An opportunity to shape and inform innovation in this arena
Location: UK, remote working options
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 8 September 2019. All applications should be marked specifically as “Senior Research Analyst – CE”. We will process on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.