NWG Network – Chief Operating Officer
The COO will be responsible to the Chief Executive and Board for the implementation of agreed operational processes and standards across the organisation in accordance with the agreed strategy and business plans.
The postholder will offer professional support and management to specialist staff in all aspects of operational delivery in order to develop consistency and support the CEO’s lead on the specialist knowledge areas of individuals.
- Direct and control all internal operational employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in all organisational operations to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Develop and implement all necessary corporate systems, policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control all operational budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that company operations comply with all legal requirements and meet agreed operational standards.
- Regularly review operations to ensure that these meet required standards and recommend changes where necessary.
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for all internal operations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other managers to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
Knowledge skills and experience required
The job requires:
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Understanding of strategic and business planning
- Extensive experience in operations management.
- Significant experience of previous chief operating role or similar.
- Significant managerial experience and demonstrable understanding of matrix management and team building.
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good understanding of marketing
- Good understanding of networking
- Good understanding of IT systems
The initial phase of the job will strengthen our impact monitoring, improve our management systems, staff performance, standardised systems and further develop our strategic and implementation planning.
The above is not intended to be exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the service.
In the course of your employment you will have access to confidential information. You are required to exercise due consideration in the way you use such information and should not act in any way, which might be prejudicial to the NWG interests. Information, which may be included in the category which requires extra consideration covers both access and the general business of the NWG and information regarding individuals. If you are in any doubt regarding the use of information in the pursuit of your duties you should seek advice from your manager before communicating such information to any third party
Please apply in writing by 3rd September 2018, by sending a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or “Recruitment Administration, Suite 2 Innovation House, East Service Road, Raynesway, Derby DE21 6BF.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact Cheryl or Phil on 01332 585 371.
Your covering letter should provide evidence to demonstrate how well you meet each of the competencies described in the job description below. Please structure the letter by addressing the Accountabilities, Knowledge and Skills in the order given.
Interviews will be held on 12th September 2018 at Innovation House, East Service Road, Raynesway Derby DE21 7BF
Salary from £45,000 per annum depending on experience